Sunday, October 17, 2010

Samantha Cotton aka "Sam Cott"

 
The last few days I'd been football tackled by a cold, and there's nothing like being sick to make me crave some home-style mama made it type comfort food.


(from google search. yes I ate it all before I could take a picture)
 Now in her defense I'll say that honestly I don't think my mother ever made this when I was growing up. I'm pretty sure this over processed  largely canned dish was something I concocted when I was trying (without  recipe) to replicate something much nicer that she'd made ( I spent a lot of my teen years doing this). Somehow though over the years this became an effortless comfort food staple in our house. Nameless for many years eventually and (I swear soberly) we decided to call it Samantha Cotton for some reason none of us can remember.






Samantha Cotton


1lb salad twirls (rontini) the orange, white and green kind is what we always liked the best
2  5oz cans solid white tuna, drained
2 15oz cans Del Monte mixed vegetables, drained
1 tbsp Olive oil
2-3 tbsp Kroger Brand "classic whip" (there's something specific about this flavor, Miracle Whip won't work)
salt

Cook the noodles according to the directions on the box being sure to use plenty of salt. Drain.
 Stir in the olive oil to coat the noodles. Dump everything else in a stir til combined. Eat warm out of the pot ( but be warned  if you eat it warm you will be back for seconds) or cool in the refrigerator and eat cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think, or just say hello. Your comments make my day!